F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL + ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + i5-3570K Ivy Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL + ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + i5-3570K Ivy Bridge

-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL

-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

-Win 7 Home Prem 64 bit

I am seeing slower than rated speed timings when I benchmark and test my system. CPU-Z is telling me 933.4 MHz, 3DMark11 is saying 667 MHz, and Memtest86+ Is telling me 793MHz DDR3-1586 with no errors. The rated speed is 1866. Everything is stable, but why am I seeing these lower speed ratings when I test I wonder?

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (2.80) and it took just fine. I have OC'd the CPU to 4 GHz with no issues. I'm using XMP Profile 1 with settings at 10-11-10-30 and 1.5V CR 2T. DRAM Clock is set to auto. The modules are in slots 1 and 3 on the mobo.

What I have listed is pretty much all the monkeying around I have done. I cant think of any other hints that I saw on other posts. All the other BIOS settings are at factory. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!!
    -David

IF using XMP w/ this mobo - it's pretty true (one of my rigs is the same CPU/mobo combo), CPU-Z is the best of these for an indicator - in the memory tab it is showing 933.4 which is your true freq - but since this is DDR (DOUBLE Data Rate) then the effective freq is 933.4 x 2 or 1866.8......3DMark however looks to the SPD of the sticks for the default boot freq (what the sticks should boot to automatically for 1st install, after a system reset or a Clear CMOS, etc) which is 667 or the Effective which is 1333 (which can also be found in CPU-Z (the default boot freq) under the SPD tab of CPU-Z in the MAX BANDWIDTH (very deceptive title) window (for more on this, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

As far as Memtest, there's no telling, I've come across weird reading from it and to be quite honest don't pay a lot of attention to it, sort of think it may in part be because it test all the DRAM but also test the memory in the cache, etc....you may have a truer reading when testing 1 stick at a time individually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I was hoping it was something simple. Like I said everything has been stable and running as expected from the beginning on this build. I almost hated myself for benchmarking it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? I'm glad it was just my misunderstanding, returns are such a pain...

Thanks again!

Comment

Well if benching and want to play, those sticks should go 2133 at 11-12-11-30, 2T, 1.55 and Maybe just a hair extra on the MC (memory Controller) voltage (CPUVTT)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sweet, thanks for all your help!! I'll give that a shot...

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X