F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + ASUS Rampage II Extreme BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + ASUS Rampage II Extreme BIOS

This setting is to run DDR3-2000 F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD on the ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard. In this scenario, the Intel Core i7 920 is overclocked to 3.6GHz which is perfectly safe for this combination. You can also check the temperature in your BIOS to confirm that it is not overheating.

AI overclock - manual
    OC from CPU level up - auto
    OC from Memory level up - DDR3-2000
    CPU Ratio setting - 18 for 3.6GHz
    CPU Turbo Power Limit - disable

CPU configuration
    CPU Ratio Setting - whichever you chose above
    C1E Support - disable
    Hardware prefetcher - enable
    Adjacent Cache line prefetcher - enable
    Intel Virtualization tech - disabled
    CPU TM Function - disable
    Execute Disabled bit - disabled
    Intel HT Technology - disable
    Active Processor Cores - all
    A20M - disabled
    Intel C-STATE tech - disabled

BCLK frequency - 200
    PCIE frequency - 100
    DRAM frequency - 2000 MHz
    UCLK frequency - 4000 MHz
    QPI frequency - auto

Dram Timing Control
    DRAM CAS# Latency - 9
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9
    DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9
    DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 24
    DRAM REF Cycle Time - 74
    DRAM Timing Mode - 2N
    All others can be on AUTO

EPU II Phase Control - Full Phase
    Load-line calibration - enable
    CPU differential amplitude - auto
    Extreme OV - disabled

CPU voltage - 1.32V
    CPU PLL voltage - 1.85V
    QPI-DRAM voltage - 1.55V

IOH voltage - 1.35V
    IOH PCIE voltage - 1.60V
    ICH voltage- 1.20V
    ICH PCIE voltage - 1.60V

DRAM Bus voltage 1.65V

CPU spread spectrum - disabled
    PCIE spectrum - disabled
    CPU clock skew - auto
    IOH clock skew - auto

As a side note, this board is pretty nifty in that you can have different BIOS profiles saved. For example, if you have a setting for DDR3-2200 @ CAS 9 and DDR3-1700 @ CAS 6, you can save both complete settings of your BIOS and simply change back and forth when you want to instead of changing every single voltage and timing to operate at different speeds.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Settings for Asus Rampage gene II

I tried these settings with my Asus Rampage Gene II motherboard and the memory package I am using is
      [ Perfect Storm] F3-16000CL8T-6GBPS
      I set the timing as 8-8-8-21 and 1.65volts with all the settings you have above. It posted booted to windows and then Locked up. I used 18.0 CPU ratio so it was set at 3.6 GHZ. I am not using the stock cooler so overclocking temps should be just fine. I also have a question why is it you disable the HT technology? I am also emailing you guys as well, I thought maybe the forum would be an easier way to get information. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Comment

QPI 1.5v is way too high ?can it destroy my cpu?
        CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7GHz w/o HT 1.22v 24/7 * | Cpu Cooler: Thermaright 120 ULTRA Xtreme | Board: ASUS P6t6 WS Revolution | Mem: 6GB DDR3 G.Skills PC3 16000 Running @ 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 @ 1.54v QPI @ 1.4 | GPU: Nvidia 3 x XFX GTX 260 Core 216 3-WAY SLI @ 700/1250/1431 (Core/Memory/Shader)
        | HDD:- 640GB S-ATA Seagate Baracuda 32 Mb Cache 7200 Rpm | Cassing: NZXT Tempest *BIG TOWER*
        PSU: Xigmatik NRP 1500 Watts

Comment

kayawish24,

1.5V is no problem. It will not destroy your CPU. Seems like you have decent cooling, so it should not be a problem at all.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

hello....!

i cannot beleive this ! how can you say that QPI 1.5v is safe ? what you talking about.are talking about QPI or DRAM volts? and if you are talking about QPI volts then i think either intel or you are crazzy because according to intel cpecs QPI of 1.35v is the last safe for i7 CPU.now tell me to whom i shall trust?
            CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7GHz w/o HT 1.22v 24/7 * | Cpu Cooler: Thermaright 120 ULTRA Xtreme | Board: ASUS P6t6 WS Revolution | Mem: 6GB DDR3 G.Skills PC3 16000 Running @ 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 @ 1.54v QPI @ 1.4 | GPU: Nvidia 3 x XFX GTX 260 Core 216 3-WAY SLI @ 700/1250/1431 (Core/Memory/Shader)
            | HDD:- 640GB S-ATA Seagate Baracuda 32 Mb Cache 7200 Rpm | Cassing: NZXT Tempest *BIG TOWER*
            PSU: Xigmatik NRP 1500 Watts

Comment

kayawish24

Believe the stated official line is 1.35 for QPI and 1.65 for RAM....but with the OC you're showing 3.7GHz, 1.5 QPI isn't a problem. Intel is well known (and has been for years, for vastly understating the max voltage of most everything. I've seen i7 running at 1.7 and RAM at 1.85.

Sort of like the Intel spec on the i7 950 calls for 3.06 GHz yet you are running 3.7GHz you say.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

G.Skill Tech,

I realize this thread is a bit dated, but I am hoping you might be able to answer a related question. I just bought this same motherboard and memory combination, but with the latest Intel i7 930 CPU. Is there anything you would suggest changing about these settings for the 930 versus the 920? I have this combination paired with tri-SLI Geforce GTX 280s with amazing results just at stock, so I am anxious to see what I can do with moderate overclocking (it's also water cooled with the Corsair H50). I have always been impressed with my benchmark results using your G.Skill memory.

Thanks!

Comment

No different, same settings apply.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

G. Skill Tech,

As you suggested, I tried using the same settings with the 930 and the overclocking failed due to DRAM failures and it would not post (the R2E rolled back the changes on reboot). When I used all the same settings, I came out with 2005 Mhz for the DRAM and 4009 Mhz for the UCLK.In addition, the DRAM REF Cycle Time could not be set to 74, closest options were 72 (my choice) or 82. EPU II Phase Control is not an option in my BIOS revision (1704). You did not mention RAS# to RAS# delay, so I left it as auto.

Everything else was a match to your suggestions, but it was a no go for i7 930, so I assume there must be some adjustments necessary to compensate for the slightly higher clock speed. Please let me know your thoughts on different settings for the 930 as opposed to the 920.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      SpeedRacer,

Simply leave them on default AUTO since the system will be able to configure them properly at that frequency.

pipes,

If you have cold boot problems, you will need to send the memory in for new replacements.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT
                      I have change:
                      IOH Voltage - 1,15316
                      IOH PCIE Voltage - 1,51106
                      ICH Voltage - 1,12666
                      ICH PCIE Voltage - 1,51106

And this afternoon it has a good cold boot without problem, I have try with linx for 25 minutes and it'is stable.
                      I have a question, why two program of tree see my comand rate on 1T, cpu-z and cpu-tweaker, everest and my bios 3N? i have setting 3N on bios
                      thanks g.skill tech and all this costumer service
                      regards
                      Last edited by pipes; 04-01-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

It may be a glitch. Simply set BIOS to 1T.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

It may be a glitch. Simply set BIOS to 1T.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          If i set 1T to bios i can not boot with 2000 mhz of frequency

Comment

Then you will need a minimum of 2.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Then you will need a minimum of 2.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH
                              I have see a test where a person make to go the ram with 1T without problem and without go over 1,65. maybe it's a controller integrate of my cpu?

Comment

Working...
                              X