EVGA SR-2 w/ F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA SR-2 w/ F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

Finally got around to building my new box. EVGA SR-2(270-WS-W555) motherboard with a pair of Xenon 5690's. GPU is a single 7970 for now. I picked up a set of 8GBx4 on Newegg when they where on sale. It will post into bios on initial boot and I can start modifying settings. However it will hang the bios at random intervals causing me to hard reboot. I tried going to one stick per cpu but still have issue. Based on various sources online. I'm leaning towards a ram instability at the 1333 frequency. I was wondering what timings you recommend for 1333 on these sticks until I can get the OS installed and can boost it to 1600. Unfortunately the bios maxes out at 1333. First time I've had this problem on a build

I appreciate any ideas you can give me. Again inital boot off newboard unable to configure bios due to hang/freeze. Code 87(Execute BIOS setup) on MB during setup and hang.

EDIT: Also I've pulled all other cards and drives. Installed items are CPUs, GPU, 1 DDR3 stick per CPU and usb keyboard.
    Last edited by Ingeniator; 05-01-2013, 04:34 PM. Reason: Added info
    MB: EVGA SR-2(270-WS-W555) CPU: 2 X5690's GPU: 7970 DDR3: G.Skill RipJawsZ 32GB (F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL)

Does it have the latest BIOS? A single 1600 stick should be picked up and set to the mobo default...If none of the sticks will post may be a PSU, mobo or CPU problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mobo does not have the latest BIOS. EVGA only offers a .bat and I don't know how to use that to update without windows installed. Every other method I've used need iso or bin files. It does post. I get the AMI bios. I can navigate and start modifying but it will hang after 10-30sec. In order to post to bios again. I have to remove power from board and reset cmos. Then I can try again. Not power supply. Might be my mobo but I've not seen this kind of issue with a mobo before.
      MB: EVGA SR-2(270-WS-W555) CPU: 2 X5690's GPU: 7970 DDR3: G.Skill RipJawsZ 32GB (F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL)

Comment

Looks like it only supports up to 1333, so might try with minimal stick(s) and try manually 1333, 2T, 9-9-9-30, 1.5 - then add other sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Looks like it only supports up to 1333, so might try with minimal stick(s) and try manually 1333, 2T, 9-9-9-30, 1.5 - then add other sticks
          I managed to get these in and I finished the bios. Then it was looking for a boot device. I got the optical and HDD installed it booted up once and hung when I was trying to change boot order. Forgot . Now it won't post so I'll reset everything and try again.

EDIT: I keep forgetting to thank you. Your help is appreciated.
          Last edited by Ingeniator; 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM. Reason: Added thanks.

Comment

May want to raise the MC (memory controller voltage), not sure with your mobo but may be VTT, CPUVTT or something like that, might also look for the System Agent Voltage (VCCSA) and try both at 1.1 When you get into the BIOS check the DRAM advanced timings and post those up if problems persist.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X