Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Hello G.skill support:

I'm looking to upgrade RAM on P67 system by adding to an exiting 8GB GSkill RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL). What is the difference between this RAM and GSkill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.

Thank you for your support.
    Joboears

The Ripjaws X you have was designed aimed at the 1155 and is a little more finely tuned towards your chipset than the older, original Ripjaws, either should work fine, although I wouldn't suggest mixing the two as mixing sets (even of the same exact model) can be problematic. XMP won't work, as it is programmed according to the packaged set...if however you already have the second set, give it a whirl and let us know, some mobos can auto adjust the BIOS to decent advanced timings and it may work out of the package, else give a shout and we can help try and adjust the advanced timings and voltages - will want to know model of CPU and mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tradesman. Given the fact I was able to get the additional 8GB a good price I going to give this a whirl... Question: when the new G.Skill RAM arrives I will run Memtest 86+ (v4.20) with the new ram installed. If I am able to successfully complete 4 Passes (without errors) can I consider this configuration to be problem free. My MB is an Asus P8P67 Deluxe.

Again, thank you for your expert advise.
      Joboears

Comment

As far as Memtest, it's really made to be run on an individual stick as opposed to multiple sticks, I normally get them set up and then maybe run Prime or a similar stress test for stability....if you run into any problems, give us a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Interesting... I've always assumed Memtest was to used for total system memory testing. I will do as you've suggested and run a Prime95 test. Also, this system is for CAD work so I'm not wanting torture test the components. Please offer a testing strategy for using a Prime tester to fully test the total systems memory without unnecessarily stress components.

Many thanks,
          Joboears

Comment

You could run Windows Memory Diagnostic, there's also M2K Memscope or Memtest86+....or even better a combo of them....though if each stick test OK with Memtest and you then experience problems, it's more likely than not there is a config issue (timings, voltages, etc) than there is a problem w/ the actual sticks (and this happens all to often)
            Last edited by Tradesman; 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X