F3-12800cl9d-8gbxl, asus m5a88-m, hdz965fbgmbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-8gbxl, asus m5a88-m, hdz965fbgmbox

Hi folks, this is my first post to any forum of such. I am running a desktop with the below components:

ASUS M5A88-M AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D

I am getting random blue screens and restarts. Not far from a noob, but I have built several computers myself and never had any problems like this. I have installed windows 7 pro (64 bit) several times assuming that could have been the problem. The power supply has been tested. The CPU and RAM ran just fine in my old motherboard (MSI 880GMA-E45) which had to be replaced as it died. (no power.....which resulted in a successful test of the power supply, which is a Antec NEO 650W)

The most recent BSOD's reference MEMORY_MANAGEMENT near the top of the entry. I am running it at 1600 in the bios and I believe the timings are all set correctly by default.

So, my question to you is with this specific configuration, can you recommend some different timings or settings that would make these BSODs and restarts go away? I love GSkill memory and don't want to get something different. The QVL for this motherboard is quite limited really. Oh, and I should mention as per the motherboard manual, I have populated the two dimms in the appropriate blue slots and just updated the bios on April 13th with no change. I have ran memtest, an Asus utility that came with motherboard and win7 memory test and all have passed with no problems.

Any help, guidance or recommendations would be sincerely appreciated!!!!!!:
    Attached Files

Did you use our AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600 guide to set things up?

Manually input DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V, test each module to see if one performs differently. If so, send them in for RMA exchange. If both modules work fine, they should work together at the rated specifications. Keep us posted on the result and we will be glad to help.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X