F3-1866C9D-16GSR + A10-5800k + ASRock FM2A85 Etreme6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C9D-16GSR + A10-5800k + ASRock FM2A85 Etreme6

Hi. I'm brand new to overclocking and am having some trouble. To be clear my RAM works fine @ 1866 as it's rated. However I'm wondering if it's possible to run it stable at 2133 or higher and if so, how?

I've gotten my PC to post @2133 with looser timings than the XMP profile for 1866 @ the stock 1.5v then tightened them up as much as it would post with but my browser started crashing. I gather that means it's time to loosen the timings back out until it stops, but I'm wondering what I can expect to eventually end up with.

I'm considering buying Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX since my APU would love it. I just don't want to be hasty If there's a chance I could hit 2133+ with the kit I have now.

As indicated I haven't strayed much from the stock 1.5 and when I did it didn't seem to help. *Also, is there any chance at all my A10 could run anything at 2400? I've seen claims but I saw reviews saying my kit could run @2133 easily, too.

Thanks in advance.

At 2133 I'd start with 10-11-10-28 2N and 1.55 and adding + 0.10 to the CPU/NB, if stable could try 2200 with a little more voltage. As far as the Tridents, I'd say give it a shot, we've had folks run them at 2400 and if problems could drop to 2133-2200 with a tighter CL of 9.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, will do. It never occurred to me to mess with the CPU/NB but I'm new to this.

What about the "extended" timings like tRTP, tRC, tRRD, etc? I'm not sure if I should even fiddle with those as well or just leave them at their 1866 values.

Thanks again.

Comment

Go ahead and try the voltage change, and post up your timings and we'll take a look.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X