F3-17000cl11q-16gbzl + asus m5a99x evo r2.0 + amd fx-8350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000cl11q-16gbzl + asus m5a99x evo r2.0 + amd fx-8350

I'm currently having an issue with random reboots and BSODs with Windows 8. I'm pretty new to overclocking and I'm a little nervous about killing my new computer, so I haven't messed around with the settings too much. I'm not 100% sure what my settings in the BIOS should be, so I've left everything on auto for the time being.

I'm not positive that my issue is related to my memory. There's a possibility it's a temperature issue. Minidump suggested a thermal issue, but my CPU idles at around 32-34C and when gaming it gets up to around 52C before I get BSODed, but 52C shouldn't be enough to cause that issue. I'm hoping it's just memory settings, since that won't require the purchase of any new fans (and money).

Could anyone give me some suggestions/tips for BIOS settings to see if I can remedy my situation? Thanks!

Could be the DRAM is too much for the CPU, the 8350 is rated up to 1866 at 1 stick per channel - you have 4 sticks that are 2133 (not sure what they are running at though) - Think I'd initially suggest upping the DRAM voltage + 0.05 from whatever it's currently at and take the CPU/NB voltage up + 0.10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

They're set to run at 1866 in the BIOS.

I made the changes suggested to no effect. I'm beginning to suspect heat is the culprit and not a hardware issue.

Edit: 99% sure the issue isn't related to the memory and is actually a heat issue. Thanks for the quick response and the suggestions.
      Last edited by ItGetsAllOver; 02-27-2013, 12:01 AM. Reason: New Information

Comment

No problem, this is something many have had happen, might try 1600 and tighten the timings a bit, should take less voltage ( = less heat)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X