F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR2 Asus P6T Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR2 Asus P6T Deluxe

My motherboard doesn't support a 1.25 volts for the dram. I am having issues where the computer will blue screen some times its in 15 minutes sometimes it takes a day. Is this due to the ram voltage not going low enough? I tried using the xmp profile but it will blue screen more often. So I manually input all the settings except I left the voltages on auto. This seems to help but if I get into a memory intensive application it will blue screen. This ram is supposed to be 9-9-9-24 but if I check the memory under SIW it shows 9-9-9-28 I'm tempted to try that and see if it crashes. What is the recommend maximum voltage for this ram at 1600? Or would I be better off trying a higher speed with my minium voltage that the board supports. I believe it was 1.5. I just don't have a lot of free time to go thru all the test I need to make this stable so help should speed up the process.

I have an i7-920 C0/C1 I know they overclock easy but my issue is I don't want to turn off the c-states along with HT.

Are you within the exchange time frame from your re/e-tailer? Do you have the latest BIOS? Not sure what the min voltage allowed on your mobo is but could prob try 1600 at 1.4 or even OC to 1866 trying 10-10-10-27, 1.4 or 1.45, 2T (1T if it will carry)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the newest bios. That was the first thing I checked. I bought them from newegg I have only had them for 12 days so I should still be in the windows to return them. I will try changing the timing to 1t and see if that holds. Then will give the 1866 a shot. I really wanted to stick with this ram but G.Skill does have a set thats 1.65 volts that has the same specs. This will have to be my weekend project since I have work and college. But I will try to find a stable config before this weekend is over.

Comment

Let us know, the Egg has F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL, which is a 1600 set at 1.5....could also look at 4x4GB sets, they will run in triple channel mode on the X58 chipset

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So the minimum dram bus voltage is 1.5 there is a comment from gskill on the newegg feed back saying that shouldn't be an issue. I tried a few other settings the computer booted the first time then after reboot it wouldn't post. I tried the ram on 1n will post but wont boot windows. What I find odd is that SIW shows theses to be 9-9-9-28 but they are sold as 9-9-9-24. When it crashes again I'm going to plug in 9-9-9-28 and see if it becomes more stable. But if I cant get it to work correctly I'm going to have to return them. I might try my luck with the 24gb set at 1.5v and see how well that works. I still have my muskin with 7-8-7-20 1n at 1600 but its only 6gb. I can set my FSB at 160 and that set the cpu at 3.2 and ram at 1604 which works fine with those chips. I tried to use 1604 with these and change only the settings to support the new ram but that didn't work.

Comment

Prob want the CR at 2T, and can try the timings manually, prob will work better, many of these tri channel mobos never got the BIOS right

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X