Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus crosshair IV formula + Phenom II X6 1090T

Hi

The Phenom II chips have an integrated memory controller (IMC, referred as cpu/NB), my understanding about the memory bus is that is directly between the CPU and the RAM (as shown in attached image).

There is a NB on the motherboard (890FX) which is connected with the CPU through the hyper transport 3 bus (2600MHz).

The default HT frequency of my CPU is 2000MHZ (10x200MHz) and the cpu/NB 2000MHZ (10x200MHz).

The question is when I overclock the cpu/NB frequency and keep the HT frequency to less than 2600MHz (already supported by HT3.0), is there a need to change the motherboard NB voltage in addition to the cpu/NB?
    Does the cpu/NB frequency relates in any way with the motherboard NB chip?
    I see many overclocks increase the motherboard NB voltage while they have HT frequencies <2600MHz which should is already supported by the bus so why stress the NB chip, is there a reason for that?

Alex

Last edited by alexan_e; 02-18-2013, 02:00 AM. Reason: image link

i usually keep my htt to as close to 2000 as possible but the nb at 24-2600...
    change the multi,s wher needed
    my 1100t is at 3.7 2000htt 2400nb and 1600mem

Comment

Yeah, they actual CPU/NB freq can help with higher freq sticks, but I try not to mess to much with it, the voltage for CPU/NB is what feeds the MC (Memory Controller) in the CPU and often has to go go up with high freq sticks or high density ones

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X