MSI P67A-GD65 B3 + Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX + Intel i5-2500k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI P67A-GD65 B3 + Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX + Intel i5-2500k

My apologies if this motherboard already has a page, but I couldn't find it in the list, and the forum search feature seems currently broken.

I've been trying to get this memory running with my motherboard. It wouldn't work properly with my old memory kit F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL, and it BSOD's with just the 2x8GB kit installed. Setting either XMP profile causes BSOD's every so often, and I cannot figure out how to get the kit to run stably with manual settings, making sure to set voltage properly, and setting timings to those specified on the product.

Can I get a list of full, detailed timing information that might work with my motherboard? Or some assistance with what might be the issue. I know every other component in the system is stable, and the only thing that's changed has been swapping out my old kit for this new kit.

First you'll want the latest BIOS, next you can try by enabling XMP and selecting the 2400 profile, but I wouldn't have much hope, very few 2500Ks can carry 2400 sticks, my suggestion would be to leave XMP enabled, then drop DRAM freq to 2133. If that runs OK then I'd try tightening the base timings to 9-11-11-31

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The motherboard doesn't support 2400, so the XMP profile defaults to 2133 with 2400 timings, which are far looser than what it should be capable of running at 2133. 10-12-12 at 2133 should be more than stable with those sticks. But even at leaving the timings the same, and adjusting down to 1866, or using the tighter timings my 1866 sticks use... They suffer occasional BSOD's.

Comment

Add a little voltage to the MC (believe VCCIO on your mobo), maybe + 0.04. Also at 2133 check the DRAM voltage and leave it at spec. Do you have the latest BIOS, believe they had an update on this last month, though it still not be ready, MSI BIOSs on their P67 mobos is way behind as far as setting up for 8GB sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'll try adding voltage, though I don't recall there being a VCCIO setting on this board. I'll check, and get back to you. As for having the latest BIOS... Rather unfortunately, I have the most up-to-date version, as it broke my USB keyboard in BIOS, and can't be downgraded from. I'm in the process of trying to get a custom beta BIOS from MSI to fix the issues the updated version is giving me, but that'll be a hit or miss. Last time, the beta BIOS bricked the motherboard.

Can you give me a list of timings for these sticks at 2133 MHz?

Comment

If not VCCIO the MC (memory controller) voltage may be CPUVTT or VTT, as to timings at 2133 could start with stock and if it flies drop to 9-11-11-31

Tman

Comment

Can you offer any timings beyond the default 9-11-11-31? I'm seeing a ton of variation in those, depending on settings/XMP profiles/etc, and I'm wondering if I can set those manually to something stable.

Comment

Try setting it to those settings and then post up what the remaining settings are at for the DRAM advanced/secondary timings as well as your systems voltages and what you have the CPU multiplier at

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X