• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msi 770-c45

MB: MSI 770-C45 AM3
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 2x2gb
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

i haven't put it together yet. my scythe katana 3 cpu cooler is rather large so i was wondering if slots 3/4 would be a better option than 1/2. would this still permit dual channel? has anyone tried this ram/ mb combo? ty and hello.

Should be okay.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Slots 3/4 should have no problem running dual channel memory. We have not tested with this motherboard yet, but it should definitely work.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

ty guys i'll post problems/successes along with timings
        for any future same systems...should be built in 3-5 days.

Comment

ok i put every thing together last night and it will not post.
          i don't have any other ddr3 ram to try. m/b has 4 led lights
          that (the manual has no diagnostic info) are on so i assume it's working. i went to msi's site and gskill is not in the list of compatible ram. i'm going to post on their forums to try to get info also. btw i tried 4gb in all variations including 1 stick at a time. any suggestions?

Comment

Even one stick by itself would not POST in any slot? That's very odd.. Try finding out what those 4 LED lights mean, maybe an indication of defective parts, I will see what I can find as well.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

btw i forgot to mention my old m/b (nforce 4) had a separate 4pin power(not to be confused w/ the 6pin on card) connection for the pci-e slot. i cannot find this on this m/b so i assumed it doesn't require it. the msi intructions are very limited.

Comment

the blue l.e.d.'s have to do with Active Phase Switching.
                4 on means phase 4 power i think. i'm going to re-install everything again to make sure i have no shorts. should take me a couple hours and i'm using same vid card for both pc's so i'll check back when i'm done.

Comment

ok. i confirmed it's not the psu (i have 2 more laying around)
                  it's not shorting out (i took it all out and hooked cpu/mb/ram up up of case...same result)

so either the ram is not compatible...but that's not likely from what i've read, or one of four parts is doa.
                  i think it's kind of unlikely both sticks of ram would be bad.
                  i'm going to rma cpu through newegg first...then the m/b... and if i still have probs i'll rma the ram. damn i hate this rma crap...gonna cost me a small fortune to send this stuff back and i'm broke.

Comment

keep up posted on your progress, maybe we can help you solve your issue as well. =)

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

just got my rma m/b back. had to use 1x2gb stick in dimm 3 to get it to post. after 1st post i'm able to put both sticks in any slot i wish. overclocks great too. phenom II 955 b.e. is running at 3.8ghz just by upping multiplier. ram is running @1600 unganged. can any one direct me towards ram timings so i can see how fast i can get these running?
                      all these new terms are confusing for a guy coming off an nforce4 m/b.

Comment

9-9-9-24-CMD 2 is the rated timings. You can either tighten them @ 1600 or try to OC frequency with this timings.

Glad to hear everything is working fine now.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                        X