Asus P8Z77-V lk, i-5 3570k, F3-12800cl9q-16gbrl DDR3-1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P8Z77-V lk, i-5 3570k, F3-12800cl9q-16gbrl DDR3-1600

Ok, so it has been a while since I put a computer together. My components arrived yesterday and I plugged everything in. Booted it up and saw that the CPU fan was plugged into the chassis fan connector, and that the Blu-ray drive was not showing up. I was thinking that I would need to turn XMP on before the RAM would run at the right speed, but pleasantly surprised to find that it was already running at 1600 MHz. I turned it off, and fixed the connector and disk drive. When I turned it back on, it turned on then when silent almost like it shut itself down then turned back on. I went into the BIOS again and my CPU was now running faster(3.5GHz) and my memory slower(1380MHz). I then tried setting the Ai Over clock Tuner to XMP, saved and reset. It did the funky turn on then off then back on thing a couple of times, and when I got back to the BIOS it had the same speeds. Any ideas?

I would guess a BIOS problem, if it was already at 1600, then it was running at the mobo defaults, when you enabled XMP it probably isn't reading and setting things correctly, which has seemed to be a common problem with Asus mobos, generally it is more to the higher freqs, but have see them set some real weird things even w/ 1600 and 1866 DRAM. I'd turn off XMP and put it to Auto, then check and make sure the base timings are correct and go from there.....might want to re-seat the sticks and reset the CMOS when doing so before doing so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, so I installed Windows 8, latest drivers, and tried again with the BIOS and it this time X.M.P worked. I got a 1600 MHz profile, and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the response.

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X