F3-2133C9D-16GXH + GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 + i7 2600k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GXH + GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 + i7 2600k

I am unable to get the system to boot after enabling XMP Profile 2 and all settings on auto. I have tried numerous configurations with timings and voltages and I still get the same problem. The system will start up, then restart immediately giving an error about unable to boot due to voltages. I haven't even seen a loading screen when set to rated speeds.

I have tried with my CPU at 3.4GHz and 4.2GHz.

Booting at 1600MHz works fine, but 1866 or 2133 (manual settings and XMP profile 1/2) do not work.

Is this a motherboard problem, settings problem, RAM problem, or something else?

BIOS version is F13. Should I flash to U1e?

Comment

Would like to see your BIOS settings (particularly DRAM timings (Basic and the advanced/secondary), system voltages and CPU info when XMP is enabled - have a feeling it's prob off, GB never put a lot of time into their Z68 BIOSs, particularly for high freq and amounts of 16GB or better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Don't know if this means anything, but setting the BIOS RAM profile to Profile 2 sets it to 2134. Manually choosing the 21.33 option also does this.

Timings for Profile 2
        CAS Latency: 9
        tRCD: 11
        tRP: 11
        tRAS: 31
        Those were set to the same values as listed by the RAM.

tRC: 42
        tRRD: 6
        tWTR: 8
        tWR: 16
        tWTP: 27
        tWL: 7
        tRFC: 22
        tRTP: 8
        tFAW: 25
        Command Rate: 2
        IO Latency: 1
        Round Trip: 34

Profile Voltages for Profile 2
        DDR: 1.6
        VTT: 1.1

Comment

I just compared values for default 1333MHz and 2133 Profile settings. For 2133MHz, the default value for tRFC is 22, but for 1333 it is 184. I switched to Profile 2 and set tRFC to 184. The system started up fine.
          However, this does not explain why it would not start when I disabled the XMP profile and set frequency to 2133 and the timings (CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRC, and Command Rate) manually.

Comment

Try with changes to tRRD 7, tFAW to 27, tRFC to 208, VTT to 1.15, and start w/ VCCSA to 1.12

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Those settings work.

Comment

Glad to hear, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much. It was much appreciated!

Comment

Glad we got it on the first shot, it often takes some tinkering, have fun!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X