• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentX 2400. Maximus V Gene. 3570K = no go

Hi

2x8Gb

I tried the test suggested by GSkill :
    (CLRCMOS - LoadDef - Try XMP - Try XMP with extra V - Try 2133).
    As can understood , The CPU memory controller seems to be unable to run the mem at 2400.
    usually I get Qcode 23

what is the short name for this controller ? perhaps I can juice it up ?

What else acn I try ? so many options ..

thanks

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not update that, then enable XMP and select 2400 profile...if still problems raise the VCCIO voltage to 1.2 and try that...if still problems post your BIOS settings (DRAM timings (base and advanced), system voltages and what OC do you have on the CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi and Thx !

I have 1408 . latest.
      [ anomaly : iGPU became N/A with its Voltages , used Intel upd to 8.1 even though it was so . fixed]

Am running 4.2Ghz and 2200. I did game online for half an hour. it doable with low yellow voltages and low temps ( intel stock cooler) . I'm modding my box atm.

Do you know of a way to save the BIOS to a readable file ? would save me time looking it up.
      Or should I take pics ?

My thread. don't you just love google translate ?

thanks again !

Comment

Yes, before booting insert a USB flash drive, then once in the BIOS when you get to a screen you want to save, hit the F12 key and it will save a .jpg screenshot to the flash drive....then on next screen do the same and can save all your BIOS setup info screen by screen

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No success

Bios 1408 screens

Comment

Try with CPU at 44, VCCIO voltage at 1.2 and VCCSA voltage at 1.25

Tman

Comment

CPU-X VCCIO VCCSA L.L.C CPU-V TIMING MODE CAS
              44 1.2V 1.25V Auto 1.3V AUTO 10
              42 all same =>
              42 1.2V 1.25V V. High 1.27 Mode2 11
              all same Auto 11

No luck :/

p.s tried to make a table . no luck either
              Last edited by Ancient1; 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Okay, can you post your advanced/secondary DRAM timings we'll see if those can be tweaked

Tman

Comment

MVG DRAM Panel. BIOS 1408

Whats your feeling on this ? CPU memory controller or the sticks ?

big thank you mate !

*working on my mod, than its watercooling

Comment

Try dropping DRAM REF Cycle Time to 208, if no go might check that the bottom of the CPU and that the socket are clean of thermal compound and debris and check in the socket for bent/broken pins....otherwise I'd guess you have a average or or mid level 3570K and about 2200 may be the tops it can handle

Tman

Comment

thanks a lot

I can't physically check now. but i'll try DRAM REF .

There's an anomaly that appeared in last couple of days ( new build) . The START and RESET buttons which should keep glowing when I shut down windows normally , do not, stopped.
                      Do you see any connection ?
                      All PSU voltages are within 5% of rated

Thanks again !

Comment

Doesn't sound like anything I've encountered

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X