Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TanyaC build

As requested

I recently started upgrading all the computers in the house. This is the first one I have started. The Auzentech sound card and GTX 680 Classified edition are on back order, but you can get the general idea..

The Lampron display you can see in the front of the case allows me to separately control each of 6 fans, and monitor temperature from 6 separate locations.

I originally had 3 monitors on my PC but I found that it took up too much desk space, and I wasn't really using it like I thought I would.

Winsat mem gives me a score of 30336.19. The WEI is 7.8. The processor is the limiting factor, all others are 7.9.

Tanya
    Facebook: The disease of the 21st Century

Sweet! Is that the EX 4 or the 6, and it was a 3770K right?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Sweet! Is that the EX 4 or the 6, and it was a 3770K right?
      I had an ex 6 in my PC but it offered nothing more than the ex 4 that I needed, so I moved the ex 6 to my server. The kids and I will now have all identical setups with EX 4 and 3770K. Also going to update my test PC and my HTPC - all will be exactly the same.

Before I had a hodge-podge of different configurations.

One thing I noted when I looked at my UEFI settings - it said "Dual channel mode"... Isn't the memory kit a quad channel kit? I set it to XMP profile 1 as suggested.
      Facebook: The disease of the 21st Century

Comment

Not here, it can operate as a quad channel on socket 2011, but the pipeline architecture of the socket 1155 is strictly Dual-Channel....the 2011 is the only desktop quad channel architecture out there. Most all 4 stick sets of DRAM are advertised as 'QUAD' channel when, properly, it should be advertised as a QUAD or FOUR DIMM set.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You have a nice set of PCs to play with and use.
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

looking very good there!
            AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
            Noctua NH-U9B SE2
            Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3
            G. Skill Ares 16GB F3-1866C10D-16GAB @1600 9-9-9-24
            Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD
            XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition
            Corsair HX850
            Antec 900
            Winidows 7 -64bit