ASrock z77 OC Formula /w TridentX 2800 4GB x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock z77 OC Formula /w TridentX 2800 4GB x 2

I am trying to get your Trident X 4GB x 2 Sticks ( http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=528 ) to POST on this ASRock z77 Formula OC @ the DDR3 2800 Speeds and it will not do anything past 2200. This is using an i5 3570k as a CPU on a ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler.

I would like to know what information as far as my timings etc I should use to get this memory to post I have tried everything I saw on your site as far as the DDR voltage 1.65 which I set and the timings here is a photo of the system running various utilities.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE - I would LOVE to see this memory work in this board.

Prob won't happen....sorry but have seen very few 3570 even able to hit 2600, let alone 2800....Generally you need the 3770K to get up there....I've got a fairly strong 3570K and at 4.8 can hit 2666 with 8GB, but it's not really as stable as I'd like....otherwise it runs 32GB of 2400 Tridents just fine....

Could check that you have the latest BIOS, and try 12-14-14-35, 1.7, CR at 2T, CPUVTT at 1.2, VCCSA at 1.2 and see if it does anything, otherwise think I'd drop to 2400, 10-12-12-33, 1.65, 2T, 1.15 CPUvtt and BCCSA at stock and try that, then if that seems good try inching it up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's what I was afraid of, I've been reading a ton about this being a limit to the ivy bridge memory controller? Why in the **** did I order these $299.99 memory modules.. Doh! Will keep messing with it to see what I can do. Thanks for the reply been trolling all day waiting for an answer even if I didn't like it.

Comment

Then I read **** like this...

So, it is with Core i5-3570K and Core i7-3770K processors that you can get as much flexibility in memory configuring as possible. Our experiments suggest that high-speed memory modes are perfectly functional and do not even require any tricks like fine-tuning secondary voltages. For example, it only took a small (by a mere 50 millivolts) increase in memory controller voltage for our Ivy Bridge CPU to work faultlessly with DDR3-2667 SDRAM.

As a matter of fact, Intel emphasizes the fact that it's extremely easy to reach high memory clock rates now. And you can keep your system stable by changing two voltages only. These are VDDQ, which is applied directly to the modules, and VCCSA, which powers the system agent and memory controller. It is not recommended to increase the former above 1.65 volts to safeguard the CPU against damage or degradation. The latter voltage is 0.925 volts by default and you can increase it a little to make your system more stable at high DDR3 clock rates.

Comment

With most of the Z77s it's actually 3 voltages that can come into play the DRAM voltage (and yes 1.65 to 1.7 is max), the VCCSA which is the System Agent Voltage (which has effect on the entire run of system pipes), which should be kept to 1.25 or lower (and the lower the better heat wise down to the base of 0.925 and with your mobo the CPUVTT which is the actual MC (memory controller) voltage, here I try to keep it to 1.20 or lower....

But regardless of what Intel might say, as with any line of CPUs there is the baseline CPUs and then there will be some that aren't as 'strong' as the norm and there are also some that will shine above the rest. They also seldom mention that the less DRAM you have the better the chances of hitting high freqs with DRAM, i.e. you might be able to hit 2800 with only 2-4GB of DRAM and not go over 2400 with 16GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Would be really cool if I could get this to post with your help - i'm still working on it, thank you for letting me know some guide-lines as far as voltages go - i'll play with it!

Comment

Might try starting at 2400 and then see where you are at and try working up from there. Maybe 44 on the CPU multiplier, 10-12-12-31, 2T, 1.6 Dram voltage and CPUVTT and VCCSA at stock

Tman

Comment

No sir. The part the pisses me off most, is that SOMEHOW SOMEWAY I managed to get it to POST @ 2400 and 2600 at one point, got greedy tried 2800, wouldn't post. Since then I've never been able to get it to post about 2200..

Doesn't make much sense, but oh well if anyone has any experience with these modules on this board - let me know, temps are all fine..

Comment

Can you post your timings, advanced timings and systems voltages (easy way is to stick in a USB Flash drive, boot into BIOS and then each screen you come to that you want the info from, hit the F12 key which will save a screen shot to the flash drive in the .jpg format. Will take a look and see if anything looks off and/or give suggestions for set up

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X