Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10D-16GSR + Asus Sabertooth 990FX + AMD FX-4170 Quad-Core

Basic specs:
    Memory: 16GB of DDR3 1866 (F3-1866C10D-16GSR)
    MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    CPU: AMD FX-4170 Quad-Core

A couple things: I installed the memory on my Windows 7 Enterprise x64 system and it booted just fine. I went to view my system information and noticed it said this under Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (7.95 GB usable)

How can I get Windows to recognize all my memory. Also how can I get my system to run the memory at 1866?

----
    Thanks.

Update

I was able to turn on DOCP and select the correct frequency and I changed my timings to 10-11-10-30 and that kept, but Windows is still only letting me use 7.95GB. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Check that you have the latest BIOS...check that all sticks are seated well, insert till the clips lock by themselves...go into MSCONFIG and look in the boot menu, make sure the MAX memory is UN-checked...can also take a look by opening TASK MANAGER, click the Performance Tab, and then the Memory Tab to see what is happening....let us know what you find...might consider pulling the CPU and looking at the bottom of it and in the socket for stray debris or excess thermal compound seeping...also look for bent pins

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your reply Tradesman. I have the latest BIOS, all my sticks are seated well, the setting in msconfig is unchecked, nothing is happening in my task manager, i just rebuilt the machine 4 weeks ago and worked fine with previous memory, Windows is seeing 16 GB of memory, but it's only wanting to use 7.95gb, i blew out my whole case and re-seated everything, no bent pins or thermal compound seeping either. This is just odd...

Comment

Using on-board graphics or discrete (GPU card)? Might check Control Panel - Personalize - Display -Change Display Settings - Advanced then the Adaptor Tab - it will show a Shared System Memory , which would be the DRAM that is allocated to the GPU.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The sabertooth MB does not have on-board video. I'm using a GeForce GTX 550 Ti that has 2/GB on-board memory. Here's what the dialog shows.

Comment

So does no one not know anything? I suppose I should just return it...

Comment

This may have something to do with it...If you know how to fix this then we may be in business...

Comment

Hardware reserved is something done by the mobo/BIOS, might want to check with the mobo maker, I'd guess a bug in the BIOS, the DRAM is there and working, the mobo/BIOS is holding it out for some reason

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X