F3-1866C10Q-32GAB + Asus F1A75-V EVO + AMD A8 3850 2.9 GHz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10Q-32GAB + Asus F1A75-V EVO + AMD A8 3850 2.9 GHz

I am currently running this kit at 1866 MHz with 10-11-10-30-2 timings and it seems to be stable without having adjusted the CPU or NB voltages. However, I don't notice much of an improvement over the 2x2 GB 1600 MHz Kingston chips this kit replaced. I confess, I am a novice at overclocking, etc.

What settings would give me the best stable performance from these chips with my current mobo/apu?

Also, the APU has AMD Radeon HD 6550D Graphics Chipset in it. I don't really need 32 GB for most of my usage, so is it possible to allocate a significant portion of the GSkill memory for the graphics hardware? If so, what is the largest/most feasible amount possible, and how do I go about it?

If it matters, my PSU is 520 watts at present, and I'm considering replacing it with a better, more powerful one. Please advise.

If stable now can always experiment with tightening the timings, OCing or even underclocking the the DRAM with tighter timings and CR to see if you can gain a little here or there. As far as GPU allocation, I'm not sure if your mobo directly allows you to adjust or if it's an Auto thing to be quite honest. Maybe someone else will chime in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I don't know where to go from my present settings, as I'm a novice at this. How would I tighten the timings and which ones? Also, I ran AMD Overdrive on auto-test and it was able to reach 3500 MHz on the CPUs (during 3600 procedure, it called for restart, so I assume that is too high without voltage/cooling changes?)

As for the RAM allocated to graphics, when I view the hardware info in AMD Vision Control Center, the memory listed for my GPU is 16372 MB, so it appears to be automatic, and around half the installed memory at that. So I guess I'm good to go on that subject.

Comment

Tightening the timings would be in effect trying to run at lower numbers, with the first of the base timings being the one that would have the most effect, i.e. if your sticks timings are 9-9-9-27 - could try 8-9-9-27, if it doesn't boot then might try adding + 0.05 to the DRAM voltage and/or about the same to the CPU/NB voltage --- it's really all a matter of experimentation....and then when it does boot, you can check to see if performance is any better with a benchmark (on say DRAM) of MaxxMem or something

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X