not understand how setting up ram speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not understand how setting up ram speed

I have a new PC, and this is my first time having to set the ram speed to 1866. I've been reading that the Gskill sniper gets automatically set to 1333.
    Already updated to bios (99FXAUD3.F9)
    Could someone watch me through the settings?

Specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ (Rev 1.1)
    CPU: FX 8120
    Ram: two modules (total 32GB): GSKILL F3-1866CL9D-16GSR

Thanks!

If your mobo has DOCP or XMP try that (enable it and select 1866) or if you have to set them up manually take a look here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

If any problems give us a shout and let us know what happened or didn't happen

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hi, thx for your help
      method 1 worked. However, I'd like to know if method 2 is less damaging for the motherboard.
      thx again

Comment

Either or will work fine, I like the second (manual) method, XMP and DOCP are for quick easy set-up (if the BIOS is ready for it), by doing it manually you can (maybe) tighten the timings for better performance and also work with the voltages to have them as low as possible while maintaining stability.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok. I'll try method 2. Plz tell me what parameters and timings am I to work with. I'm not too sure about that. Thx

Comment

Use spec timings and voltage, ensure CR (command rate/timing) is at either 2N or 2T, and start with DRAM voltgae at spec and the CPU/NB voltage at + 0.10....If stable can try tightening the timings

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X