Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD on Rampage IV Extreme - Help with BIOS

Hello,

I'm running a i3930K @ stock, on the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, with your 64GB memory kit: F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD

I followed the documentation here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...0OU5VPe6CUoFso

I did set all those params, rest is stock from ASUS. Using ASUS BIOS version 3101.

The system seems stable for gaming, at least i had no crashes, no bsod during the last weekend.

But, somehow, Prime95 is failing after 15mins of torture, and i did read at the prime95 forums that maybe the rounding error that i'm getting is due to memory errors.

[Nov 26 20:44] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4995117188, expected less than 0.4
    [Nov 26 20:44] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
    [Nov 26 20:44] Torture Test completed 6 tests in 7 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
    [Nov 26 20:44] Worker stopped.

I was running it while i was writting this post, and i got the 1st error in 7 mins.

Is there maybe another param that i need to change or something ?

Thank you very much.

Check that VCCSA voltage at 1.25, check the VTT CPU voltage and make sure it's about 1.253 - 1.255, and DRAM at 1.65 if those are good try raising DRAM voltage to 1.68 (each combo may vary a little from setup to setup

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello,

I have been doing some tests this weekend, and i ended with mixed results.

Previously, my configuration was:

Using the XMP Profile #1, i changed:
      VCCSA: Manual @ 1.25V
      Compatibility Mode 1
      Rest of the settings in Auto
      CPU stock @ 3.2GHz

I saved this config to the Profile #1 in the BIOS.

Then i changed the settings to VTT: 1.25V like you suggested, and the system was still failing to pass Prime95 after half hour.

The CPU temp is at 45?C after half hour (using water cooling solution).

Then, i tried to raise the memory voltage a little to 1.68V, and the system became totally unstable, getting a BSOD just after logging to Windows.

I reloaded the XMP settings, and the voltage returned to 1.65V, and surprisingly, the system was still unstable, getting a BSOD after logging to Windows.

I reloaded my BIOS settings from the saved profile #1, switched off the mobo completely, i restarted the system, and now the system is a bit more stable in Prime95, i was able to run it for 1h, and it did not fail, using the original start configuration that i saved before starting all these tests.

I do not understand anything, i dunno if the system has some sort of 'training' or 'memory' effect.

Any guidelines will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

Might be it's s ettling in or if problems persist, may want to try dropping to 2200 or 2133, not all 3930Ks can handle 2400, especially at 64GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Atm, the system is stable, i just finished a 2h Prime95 run, and no problems.

What i do not understand it is why the system is stable now, with the same settings from the last week, i only reloaded the profile that i saved before starting all the tests.

Does the system need some training ? or might it be the mobo failing to set some settings ?

I feel like if i change anything in the BIOS, the system will become unstable again.

Thank you anyway.

Comment

If new, the thermal compound may not have been cured (set-up) last week and may have been running hotter than it is currently that's a possible

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X