Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM compatibility

Hi there,

I am saving up parts for a new built. It will be used as a media PC/ NAS/ gaming rig. I might overclock it a little as well.

I already bought an Asus P8H61-I R2 Mini ITX Motherboard. I will run it with a i7 3770K CPU. Ideally I would like to get G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-1600C9D-16GXM 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 memory. I have been looking at compatibility listings and can not get a match. Will this RAM work with my motherboard?

As a second option I have my eyes on the G.Skill Ares F3-1866C10D-16GAB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3. Again I can not find a match with my motherboard.

Both sets have the same price here.

If both sets of RAM are compatible, which one would give better performance? If neither of them are, What would be a good alternative?

The full specs will be:

Intel Core i7 3770K
    ASUS P8H61-I R2 Mini ITX Motherboard
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB FTW
    Corsair AX750 Gold Power Supply
    BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case
    Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler (RAM height is not an issue)

Either set should be fine, think I'd go with whichever is better pricewise, the 1600/CL9 is about the same performance wise as the 1866/CL10, though you get a hair more bandwidth with the 1866. As far as QVLs, might want to read my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Basically, those are done with whatever is immediately available and done at mobo defaults....normally when people run into problems it's running sticks 1866 and up, because the mobo maker 'tested' at 1333 or 1600 not the true freq, as you go up to 2133, 2400, 2600 etc things often get worse.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X