Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused.com

Hi Folks

I am currently running an Asus Crosshair V Formula board using G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Sniper Memory F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 - am wanting to up the anti a bit and was looking for recommendations for a faster 16GB configuration for this board. I was also wanting to use the F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 chips in a new system using a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 760G Socket AM3+ VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard - Gigabytes QVL list is somewhat confusing indicating Support for 1333+ (O.C.)/1066 MHz memory modules - the QVL is listing some 1600Mhz chips eg F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ . An 8GB configuration is required for the Gigabyte system.

Can anyone offer some advice on the above matters please

Philmo

The mobos can handle a wide variety of DRAM, key issue here is what CPU are you running i.e. the 965 rev C can often handle 16GB of 1600 but normally not 1866 or higher, the 8150 might handle 16GB of 1866 in a 2x8GB set and possible a 4x4GB set, with AMD the CPU and it's MC (Memory Controller) is most often the key issue in what it can run.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman

Thanks for your speedy response CPU is AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120 3.1Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor part number FD8120FRGUBOX but that's all the info I have without disassembly !! May have to just drop another couple of 1600Mhz in :-(

Comment

For 16GB I'd go a 4x4GB Snipers at 1600 or a 2x8GB Sniper set, the reg 1.5 voltage sets. Could try adding another set of the same you have, will prob have to take the DRAM voltage up about 0.07 or so and raise the CPU/NB voltage 0.10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cheers Tman - will sort it at that - any views on the Gigabyte board ??

Philmo

Comment

I don't build much on AMD but from what I've seen/read it's a good mobo

Tman

Comment

Okidoki Tman - thank you for your time on this project

Philmo

Comment

Keep in touch and keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X