RAM Compability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Compability

I have a set of 2x4 GSkill 1866 Cas 8(8-9-9-24) along with an 8350 and Asus 990fx Sabertooth. Does anyone know if I get the second 2x1866 set will I be able to run all the 4 dimms with the advertised settings. I believe amd fx series supports DDR3 1866 only on one dim per channel, does this mean 4 dimms will not run at 1866, maybe 1600. If they would run with what configuration and voltages? what must be done to make this(4x1866) setup work?

The 8350 is indeed rated at 1 DIMM per channel or 2 total. While you can try running two sets, at either 1600 or 1866, want to keep in mind, any time you mix sets it can be problematic, even of the same exact model. With that in mind, I would guess you could possibly get them to run together at 1600 and maybe 1866 - it will depend on if you get a strong 8350 and are willing to work with them. They will probably require additional DRAM and CPU/NB voltage to play nice with each other. Then too, there's also the possibility that they can just be popped in and run just fine...Sorry can't be more precise, but best bet would be a single 4x4GB set @ 1866, with the thought in mind that you might have to drop to 1600, (in which case you might be able to tighten timings and get near 1866 performance)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X