• Show
Clear All

• Bios shows 8192 MB RAM instead of 16384

Hi all,
    I am the proud owner of this config:
    • AMD FX-6100
    • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
    • F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL(8Gx2)

But the BIOS only shows 8192 RAM while the WEI shows 16 GB (7,72 GB usable).
    Cpu-Z sees both the DIMMs.

I've upgraded the BIOS, followed these instructions http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688 but to no avail.

I am sure the memory is not faulty, because in another system it is working fine.

Does anyone of you have another tip for me?

Thanks.
    Jacqueline

What ver of Win are you running? If Win7 need a minimum of Home Premium to run over 8GB so if running Home Basic would be limited to 8GB. If you have Home Premium or better suggest you try different slots start maybe with 1-3, if no joy 2-4, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

Thanks for your reply.

I run Windows 8 Enterprise
      The MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) only has two slots and swapping doesn't help
      I've another machine with exactly the same G.Skill modules (other mobo brand), inserting them doesn't work either.

So IMO the solution must be either some bios setting to unlock the second dimm.
      Or replacing the motherboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again
      Jacqueline

Comment

Sorry, was thinking of a different mobo, my fault. Do you have the latest BIOS? MIght check that, according to MSIs spec sheet,

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/760GM-...ml#/?div=Basic

the mobo is rated to 1333, so might try setting to 1333 - 9-9-9-27, 2N (or 2T if it uses the T designator) and initially set the DRAM to 1.55 voltage and whatever it sets the CPU/NB to raise that by + 0.08 and try that...If no joy might want to test each stick individually w/ Memtest (4-5 passes should suffice) to see if one of the sticks is bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

one bent CPU pin

Well after all this issue was caused by one bent CPU pin! After repairing that and putting back the CPU in its socket, the BIOS showed 16 GB of RAM.

Thanks for all the help.

Jacqueline

Comment

Glad to hear you found the problem....this is often the a problem w/ Amd systems.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X