Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripjaw X series on Asus Sabertooth X79 QVL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaw X series on Asus Sabertooth X79 QVL??

Trying to select memory for my Sabertooth X79. Strangely, on the QVL for the board they list:
    F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL(XMP)
    But this is the Ripjaw X series which is supposed to be optimized (XMP profiles) for the Z68 and Z77 platforms!
    The QVL does not list F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL(XMP) which is the equivalent kit designed for the X79 platform. (I don't know why GSkill uses the name "X series" for the Z68, Z77 platforms and "Z series" for the X79, seems backwards but that's how they do it).
    Is this likely a typo in the ASUS QVL?? It appears there are other kits in the QVL with the same mixup...
    Am I misunderstanding something?

To me, QVLs are pretty worthless, they 'test' with whatever is available to them, and for 1600 and above they 'test' at the mobo's default of 1333/1600. Might check my info thread for more info here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

and while the Ripjaws X were designed towards the P67/H67/Z68 chipsets, they work fine in most any sytem including socket 2011/X79 and yes, they will run in quad channel. Of the GSkill DRAM the Ripjaws Z is oriented more towards the 2011/X79 those the difference performance wise is slight

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X