New Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Memory

I almost bought GSkill Sniper Series Turbulence II 24 GB memory pack. I would like to know what is this diffidence from Sniper series to + Turbulence II
    Thanks for your time

This is/was (believe it's been discontinued for awhile) a special high end set aimed at gaming/high performance systems. The 1600 set was designed for tri-channel rigs and rather than the regular 1600/CL9 sets, it rolled out with a nice tight CL7 at 1600 and took a little more voltage 1.6 vs the standard of 1.5 that the stock Snipers carried up through 1866, as far as the Turbulence part, with the six sticks, tight CL and a bit higher voltage they were marketed pair with the GSkill Turblence DRAM fan (with Blue LED) as an additional cooling feature(not really needed or required but a nice add on for looks in a gaming/high performance rig. They're a sweet set, used them a few time, nice and solid and OC well,,had a couple of sets I ran the sticks at 2133/CL9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Just what I was thinking. Needed to know why the price was so high for this 24 gb when we can purchase 32 gb of the sniper series for 500.00 less. Yes I want the best memory I can buy but 700.00 is pretty steep.
      Thanks again
      Budfk

Comment

No problem, let us know what you decide on and how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

New Build

So I have decided to go with the Turbulence II Memory. I think I have put out more money with this new build than I should have.
          EVGA x58 MOBO
          i7 990x CPU
          GSkill Sniper Series Turbulence II 24GB memory
          OCZ 256 GB SSD
          XFX R7970
          CoolerMaster Storm Trooper case
          BD burner and second BD drive.
          So in about 3 yrs next build will house a different MOBO and CPU. I think with a MOBO that has a diffrent socket I can get same results for less money. When I am in game play I am running Eyefinity

Comment

Nice rig, think that will keep you happy for awhile and yep when the time comes you'll prob go with a different mobo/socket, they are ever evolving, DDR4 is just around the corner...the good thing, gaming wise, is that the GPU are progressing even faster, so if you decide things are getting 'slow', there will be newer GPUs that will give you a huge jump gaming wise.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X