Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth 990FX and F3-10666CL7Q

Hello to all,
    I picked out these components and built this computer about a week ago....

Asus Sabertooth 990FX ver 1 MOBO
    Amd FX 8150 processor
    G.Skill F3-10666CL7Q 16GB memory kit
    Kinston Hyper X SSD hard drive
    Seagate 1TB HDD
    Corsair TX 750M PSU
    EVGA Geforce GTX 680 video card
    Windows Home Premium 64 Bit

After installing and updating the OS, everything was seemed to be good so I loaded a game (World of Warcraft) and started to play. Approx. 20 mins I got a BSOD (oops forgot to uncheck auto restart). I don't want this to be to long so I will list what I've done and you can point me to you need.

I manually set the bios to 1.5 v, 1333 & 7-7-7-21, I updated the bios to 1304 and down loaded and installed all new drivers for MOBO and Video card.
    I ran memtest 86 4.0 and it freezes after a few mins with all 4 sticks installed, so I took two out and ran again... no problems, installed the other pair in the same slots... no problems, switched slots ran tests again... no problems. I ran the game for two hours with two sticks and had no issues.
    Is this a incompatibility problem? I notice here in the forums that most memory on this board is CL9 code.

THANKS in advance to all that try to help.

P.S. I am not wanting to overclock hard core, just want it to work.

With 4 sticks imagine you need to raise DRAM voltage + 0.05 and CPU/NB + 0.10 - give that a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Use memtest86+ v4.20

The one you are using is not accurate, it can produce false errors.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks Guys!!!!!
        It seems that uping the voltage done the trick...... two days now and no crash

Also thaks for information on mem 86, I never used the one in windows safe mode, will it work or is it the same thng?

Comment

Glad to hear it, stay in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X