No announcement yet.

Wishful Thinking.....a Manual or Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishful Thinking.....a Manual or Guide?

I have a new Falcon 64-Gig SSD. It installed flawlessly. Already has latest firmware. But no real manual or guide to operation.

We need to put together a sticking telling people like me what to do for the every day care and feeding of the SSD. What maintenance tasks? What programs to D/L and run from time to time? Etc.

If those of you who know what you are doing will respond with guidelines, I will try to consolidate it into something useful.

RevBC

There are a number of posts here in the forum on optimizing your SSD to deliver real world performance and cut down on the uneeded writes to your drive (the bane of SSDs).....or you can take a look at OCZ's forums which has much more in depth data on SSDs and their care/maintenance and optimizing.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, But It Would Be Easier....

Yes, Tradesman, there is a lot of good info on the forums -- that's how I've gotten things done so far......hours and hour of reading stuff on a bunch of sites.

But it sure would be nice to get the basics consolidated into one spot where a 5- or 10-minutes read would give one the main stuff.

I'm still looking.......

Comment

Have you looked at OCZ, one of their readers even wrote an optimization tool/program that's pretty slick. Thing is there are so many possible tweaks - check the sticky above by Schwanke78 SSD Tweaks v 1.02 (I think), just now saw it, and it looks like a good start.
        Last edited by Tradesman; 07-12-2009, 08:15 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X