Unable to make RAID after upgrade F/W 1571

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to make RAID after upgrade F/W 1571

Hello everyone!!!! last week I bought 2 Falcon 64g. that I installed in RAID 0 (promise fast track 2300) on Win 7 x64 but the speed was not too fast (compare to another people in this same forum).... Because I don't know how check the firmware from factory and In order to get the best speed I updated to f/w 1571 but after this I can make any raid even using anothers raid card ( I tried with the one in my mother board, Promise Fasttrack 2300 and even with a cheap Silicon image 3114); I tryed with Vista x64 and 7 x64 and in the point of the installation I have to choise the partition I am getting this message:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information".

Another thing I can say is..the disk works fine like a regular single IDE. I tryed too upgrade my motherboard f/w, re-upgrade disks f/w, pride to my GOD, etc, etc...
    My motherboard is ASUS M4A78T-E

ps: I have a last question 'if I install 2 falcon on RAID 0 the speeds should be double" right?

Thank You

did you unplug the jumper after updating firmware?
    and since ur platform is AMD, the speed should be slower than on Intel ICH10R
    by the way, I don't think RAID0 would not make the speed double....

Comment

You will only notice increased speed with SSD's in RAID0 if you are transfering large files.
      For small things, loading games etc... RAID0 is not worth it. Just use them on their own.

SSD's have the advantage of super fast access time, which is one of the main reasons they are fast!!

Dosent RAID slow posting down too, thus slowing your boot time.

Look at this, seems RAID0 slows things down.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Comment

Working...
      X