F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on BIOSTAR TForce TP45D2-A7

Purchased the mobo and memory together from NewEgg almost two months ago and they've been working fine together (even at stock 1.8V) until two weeks or so ago when I started experiencing random Blue Screens of Death with the dreaded STOP errors from time to time.
    I did some investigating, STOP errors suggested memory issues.
    Both Window's memory testing utility and Memtest86+ reported a lot of errors during testing. Tried upping the voltage for the memory to 2.1V as recommended but no dice, errors and issue remains.

I've a feeling one of the two sticks of RAM is toast.

Am I missing any trouble-shooting steps our is it time to RMA the duo?
    Last edited by That1Swede; 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM. Reason: Added info.

I guess it's worth noting that when I said that it was working fine the system hadn't started my heavy gaming torture that started when Warhammer Online was released. It's possible that there was always an issue I just didn't pressure the computer hard enough with heavy applications to notice.

Anyway, I ran the 'MemTest' Windows application I've seen in some of the screenshots in this form and it's spat out over 23,000 errors (that's when I got tired of holding down the enter key to get through all the popups informing me that there were errors).

Comment

I have the same mother board and ram as you....I had to up the chipset voltage .1 to get the memory to work without errors @ 1066. Although I just had another stick go bad. Thats 2 sticks of this memory out of 4 that have failed on me.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried every voltage from 1.8 to 2.1 and I'm fairly certain the RAM's defective. Was just hoping for some kind of miracle as sending my RAM away for RMA would mean a non-working computer for who knows how long. Haven't got any backup memory lying around.

Comment

we thought you misunderstood what derry163 posted....
          he meant to tell you to add the NB voltage, not memory voltage

however, if there is still problem ,please send back to us for RMA
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Ah, yeah, you're right, I did misunderstand what he wrote. Missed a couple of words when I read it.

I tried upping the NB voltage to +.1 but that only caused more issues (computer randomly shutting down, stalling mid-MemTest86, etc.) so I had to revert the change. I'm only running the memory @~800 too when the issues are occurring.

I guess all that remains is to RMA them.. Was hoping it was just some weird setting that could save me from RMAing but alas, that does not seem to be the case .;P

Comment

Working...
            X