SDXC 64G card wont work in D7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDXC 64G card wont work in D7000

Could not get the forum search to work so pardon me if this answer exists somewhere.

I just received 2 g.skill SDXC 64 gig cards from newegg. Speed test show them to be really fast but they won't work properly in my D7000. Have many other 64 gig cards that do from Sandisk and Wintek so it is not the camera. They work for a few shots then camera says card not found. I put them in a win7 computer and did a fast format, formated in the camera 6 or 7 times. No joy.

Any ideas? Apparently there is no tech support other than RMA on this site.

Actually this site is primarily support (mainly DRAM and SSDs) the SDXC cards are a fairly new line of products, don't think Nikon has tested with the GSkill cards yet so the firmware may not be there, I know that camera takes the Toshiba and Panisonic cards ( a friend of mine has one) I'll see if the Gskill folks can take a look at this thread

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK thanks. Appreciate your help.

As for firmware, the D7000 is designed to work with SDXC and UHS1 class cards.

Comment

Most of the camera makers will put out a list of cards they have approved for use, sort like a DRAM QVL and they generally don't guarantee cards not on their list, anyway the last Nikon I had worked that way. Have dropped a line to the GSkill folks might here something tonight or tomorrow evening - might try PM to GSKILL SUPPORT, believe they are handling the cards

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You got me curious. I was looking at my existing working SD cards. They are made by Wintec, Kingston, SanDisk, and Transcend. As a note Nikon has only "tested" the brands you mentioned. I don't believe they write "drivers"for specific manufacturers. I think you will find they design to a industry specification and its then up to a manufacter to properly follow that spec.

Needless to say I will be happy to work with G.Skill to resolve the problem since it does appear that this is a new product for them. I will say one thing, these cards are FAST. They have the highest speed ratings of all the cards I'm using. Using crystal Disk Mark 2.2 they read/write at 20+ mb/s. If they would work in my camera it would be great!

Comment

Hopefully they'll get back to you early this evening, the person I contacted is in China

Tman

Comment

Apparently there is no support from G.skill. I have heard from no one

Comment

I also had problems with this card in my wifes Nikon D3100, i use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820178417 we used it last week on our Alaskan vecation and the card worked flawless, took pictures of eagles flying and wales breaching the water
                Last edited by Wildman95gst; 07-08-2012, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for input. So far this G.Skill is the only card that will not work in my camera. Getting any technical help is proving to be difficult although they did respond to my newegg review to say it should not be a problem with Nikons.. If you bought it from newegg, post a review and state you had trouble too.

Comment

Dear Customer,

We are currently working on this issue and will get back to you once we have resolved it.

-G Skill Support

Comment

Working...
                    X