Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES Memory

Just purchased this memory:

Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C8Q-16GAB

Came to the G.Skill site but cannot get any more details about the set.

Can someone make a comparison or comment on them for me?

Thanks,

Clarence

Please disregard, I found them on the site. Wow! Sorry.
    Last edited by Clarence; 06-05-2012, 11:00 AM. Reason: Found Information

No problem, if you need any more info, let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello: I just received this set of four: F3-1600C8Q-16GAB. Now does it matter which stick goes into what slot? There is no marking on the memory that I see, or instructions that say what stick goes into what slot so it appears that it does not make any difference. However, each stick is marked with a number ending from 44 to 47 (each for one stick). Somebody please confirm this.

Thanks
      Clarence
      Last edited by Clarence; 06-08-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

No, it makes no difference

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello Tradesman, nice to hear from you again. Thank you for confirming that information. I'm about to install and test them.

Take care of yourself and enjoy the weekend.

Clarence

Comment

Hasn't been long has it, did't you have a 9650 with a UD3R..or a P5....the 9650 seems right cuz I luv that CPU

Tman

Comment

You're probably right. I have that CPU.
              Some time ago, I purchased two sets of F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM and put it in my ASUS P5E3 Wi...having the x48 intel chipset. That memony is the best I ever put in the boad since I got it what, four years ago? Anyway, you worked with me to try to get it to run at 8.8.8.24 spec., 16GB (two sets). One set works fine at spec in either channel, but with 2 sets it won't post set at 8.8.8., but will at 8.9.9.24. However, I've been running the board at stock cpu speed and memory at 7.7.7.22.
              When newegg.com offered this in four matched set, I thought I would give it a try.
              After some hours of trying, it appears the F3-1600C8Q-16GAB, 4 sticks matched, too will not post at 8.8.8.24. 2 sticks work fine, even XMP, in one channel, but when the second channel is loaded I can't get it to post at 8.8.8.24. It will work with all four sticks at slower speed.
              One strange phenomenon is that with the other memory, OCZ, that I used to use for years; adjusting the voltages of the memory and northbridge had direct effects, but with these G.Skill sticks, upping the memory or the northbridge volts seems to not effect anything.
              I'll try a few more hours this morning, but will likely send these back to newegg and continue using the F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM running at 1333, 7.7.7.24, not overclocked CPU.
              Anyway, it is very pleasant to have your ears again after so many months, Tradesman. You're really good for G.Skill and its customers and me.

Clarence
              Last edited by Clarence; 06-09-2012, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Let me see what I have on the mobo and I'll get back later this PM, am heading out and will be in the field most of the day, think we can get them running.

Tman

Comment

Before I send these back to the dealer, would like your advice about getting them to run at 8.8.8.24 spec. I tried adjusting the memory volts and FSB volts. Went all the way up, but zero effect, same results. Will boot in other timings, but when set to the first 8, won't boot. 9.8.8.24 boots@1600 7.7.7.20 boots@ 1333 8.8.8.24 @1333, etc. Just cannot and don't know how to adjust the many bios memory setting on this board.
                  I read that this board's bios, latest one, enables the A and B channel timing manipulations, but it is so complex it is beyond me. I understand the voltages, but never had success with adjusting timings other than speed settings.
                  Your comments, please.

Clarence

And just to acknowledge, there is nothing wrong with this memory. Thoroughly tested it and zero errors.

Comment

Might try at 1600 8-8-8-24 and raise the DRAM voltage by + .05 to .1, and see if that helps, otherwise may be stuck at the 9-8-8-24

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X