Big problem with F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem with F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI

I previously using G.skill HZ 2x1GB(D9) and feel great with them. However, games, Vista itself are leeching too much memory and I have to consider big memory kits. G.Skill gave me great confidence so I purchased F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI from a retail shop yesterday. For sure, I am not expecting they will do as great as the HZ pair(500FSB, 4-4-4-12 @2.35v).

I plugged them onto my MB and powered up the PC, but the system failed to boot, ie black screen only. I then unplug the power cord to reset the BIOS as usual, so that I could enter BIOS and do some setting. However, I just could not do anything with it, even the at basic setting: 266FSB, 2:3, 5-5-5-15@2.1v.

I tried all setting with "Auto" except for Dimm voltage at 2.1v, but still fail! I could only "see" and "switch to" the BIOS page everytime after reseting the BIOS.

In short, I failed to boot my system at all!

Here is my PC config:
    MB: Asus P5B Deluxe @latest BIOS
    CPU: E6300 @1.3125v
    Hdd: WD 640GBx2 RAID 0
    Display: 3870 x2 (Dual display)
    Power: Tagan 600W
    OS: Vista Home Premium (Not an issue here as I did not even pass the BIOS!)

I have another PC to try(config please see below). I got the same results with the Intel one, only okay by reseting the BIOS. But I eventually entered the system with all "Auto" and 2.1v dimm v. I can enter WinXP successfully with the default clock, 200FSBx14, 5-5-5-15, 2T.

Here is my another PC config:
    MB: Asus M2R32-MVP(ATI R580)
    CPU: AMD 5600+ x2
    Hdd: WD 250GB
    Display: 1950pro
    Power: Tagan 600W

What's wrong with the new RAM? What can I do to start using them in my Intel PC?

Please advice, thank you!

P.S. D9 is really the best memory chip ever!

if it still have problem wih booting after clear CMOS, please send back to us for RMA

for the BIOS setting, it needs to add FSB and NB voltage to 1.4-1.5v to run DDR2 1066 and above
    and just keep all timing by SPD, it would still run 5-5-5-15

G.S

Comment

Like your oc bro keeping them simple enough for daily usage i also have a pair of hz ram and honestly its the best ram ive ever owned i planning to give their pi series a try

Comment

Working...
      X