RipJawz and Rampage IV - question on cooling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipJawz and Rampage IV - question on cooling fans

I purchased the 32 GB RipJawz kit (8192MBx4) for my Rampage IV motherboard. The issue is that the Turbulence fans included needed to be modified (bent) to clear heat sinks / give easier access to connectors. The one by the PCIe slot also interferes. It sticks out enough to touch a card. I can cut / bend that too - but is there a different fan that will clear better. All this bending on the thin metal "rails" doesn't make the fans hold as tightly.

I've read other posts on whether fans are required or not - but I do plan to overclock with this board - and every extra bit of cooling helps ;-)

Gskill has a fan available by itself, which I believe is what your set came w/....if you have the the F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZH 2400 set...blue LEDs?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835236002

Think the use of them is pretty much up to you, I'm running the 2133/9 4x8GB 32GB Ripjaws X F3-2133C9Q-32GXH on a Z77 @ with the DRAM OCed to 2400 and a fan on them drops the temp a few degrees, but not really enough to worry about, the sticks don't really get hot, so the fan is on one of my parts shelfs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman - thanks for the response. The link - That is them and I did use them. The issue is the way they mount. The lower edges touch the heatsinks. I twisted the leg edges in so that's now not an issue. The question was basically if GSkill had a better fitting fan for this motherboard - as the bottom pad that grabs the side of the memory bank sticks out enough to interfere with the first PCIe slot. It's not an issue now as 2 slots were x16 so I put my video in the other slot. When I do get the second to do SLI then I'll need to modify the fan mount again. All this bending / twisting and possibly cutting will not make this fan stay on very well.

The other thing was that the motherboard / case is all black and red - including LEDs on other fans. A red fan would be nice (I know I could remove / solder in new ones - but for what fans cost - I'd rather see what's available) ;-)

If a picture helps - I can add one.
      (P.S. - Sorry - I'm very wordy when I write)

Comment

That's the only one I know of, I don't use the fans, but red would be nice, have built some red/black themed rigs where the fans might be nice for a little 'bling'

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X