Will this SDXC work in my Nikon D3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this SDXC work in my Nikon D3100

I recently purchased a Nikon D3100 DSLR for my wife on mothers day she uses it to help my daughter taking pictures at weddings. I purchased a 16GB SDHC card whith the camera that is a UHSC Speed Class 1 and cost me three time as much. We are going on an Alaskan cruise in July and wanted a larger capasity card to shoot some HD video's,. All of the other 32GB cards are quite a bit more expensive and dont want to purchase something that will not or give me problems, this is a once in a lieftime cruise for me and dont want to miss anything.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231604
    Last edited by Wildman95gst; 05-21-2012, 06:58 AM.

Would think so, the camera specs list SDXC and place no size limits

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3100/spec.htm

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My consern is the transfer rate of this card, especially when you try to video. The card i purchased at Bestbuy was stocked wrong in a lesser quality cards slot and i brought it to their attention and they agreed to sell it to me for that lower price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820178417
      Where can i find out what its transfer rate is ? I would have not bought this card if i had not got such a good deal, the Egg is cheaper but i needed a card that day. With only a 1 year warranty that really stinks, i need another good card with a good warranty incase this one dies.

Comment

I'll drop GSkill tech a note to take a look, specific xfer rates I have no ideal, I've got a couple cards I use for cameras, but nothing that I ever really paid attention to

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, at that price for a name brand card, you can't beat it

Comment

You're looking at quadruple Class 10 (UHS Speed Class 1), so roughly 40MB/s, depending on test type. Theoretically, it may reach up to 50MB/s.

That camera should be compatible, if not, I'll definitely call Nikon to ask why not.

Alaskan cruise?!?! lucky you, I've been wanting for the past couple years, but haven't had the chance just yet. :/

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, i will give it a try. Yea i have wanted to go to Alaska for years but the cost has kept us from going, i just decided this year to go ahead and live a dream

Comment

Well got the card fast, i am glad i purchased it now so that i could try it out not wait until it was time to go on my trip. took a few still pic's and they looked good, low light without the flash like my wife likes to do at weddings were not as good as the PNY Pro-Elite more grainy and pictures were darker. I am thinking it is not recording the image fast enough. I have not tried to do video on the PNY , this is why i purchased this card for, i set everything on max to get the best FPS and resolution and the camera would only shot for about 3 seconds before it stopped to let the card catch up. I wanted to give GSkill a try since i use it in my home computers and kind of have a soft spot in my heart for them, but no go on the SD cards. i will give PNY or SanDisk a try. I may be different from most people but when a card manufacture states its speed it is usually its read speed, this does not matter to me how fast a card can write is what is important like the old 35mm film 100, 400, 1000 this is how fast the film can adsorb the image that comes thru the lens when the shutter opens. I think it is the same with digital cards a slow write speed and you only get part of the info causing grainy and blurred images. The wife took picture of a dance recital without flash with the big telephoto lens from the upper deck about 50 yards from the stage and the pictures were clear as a bell with the PNY.
                Last edited by Wildman95gst; 05-30-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X