Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success story!

Hi,

Just wanted to post a brief success story since forums like this is usually a bit overwhelmed by troubles.

I received my G.Skill Falcon 128GB SSD yesterday, placed it into my brothers PC and upgraded the firmware to the 1571.

After the upgrade I placed in my Macbook Pro (Late 2008, Unibody, 2.53GHz) and fired up the installation of Mac OS X. The installation was really fast, around 10 min.

After upgrading the system and system applications, installing iLife '09, iWork '09, Photoshop CS4 and so I gave it a couple of random "real life" tests and I've gotta say that this disk is screaming fast! All applications is launching instantly and launcing several at the same time doesn't choke the drive like with regular drives. Launched ~50 applications (including the ones above) in ~30 seconds.

It's insane how big of an upgrade this is compared to all other components, like RAM and CPU.

I haven't had any problem with the disk what so ever, no stutter, no lock ups, nothing strange at all. I'm really satisfied. Very good work with this one G.Skill.

Bye!
    Last edited by bolen; 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM.

Good to hear a GOOD experience....let us know how things are periodically if you would and what if any tweaks you have or will apply.

Thanx
    Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

good to hear a trouble free review!!...I just received my new Falcon 256GB SSD yesterday...havn't had time install it yet but I'm hoping things go smooth

Comment

Working...
      X