Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64gb Ram freezing pc during overclock setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64gb Ram freezing pc during overclock setup.

Please check put this thread here for info on my problem i dont want to copy and paste the whole thread as it would look like a complete eyesore to read lol.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...9669#post99669

If anyone can help me get this overclock stable i will be paying around $50 through paypal.

P.S. Im not asking u to post in that forum posting here is fine....hope this is ok.

First ensure you have the latest BIOS, then set to enable XMP, select the profile, check VCCSA will want 1.25 to maybe 1.26, I'd start the vCore at about 1.33 as XMP will enable an OC, raise MC (Memory Controller) voltage (believe it's VTT on your mobo, but may be QPI/VTT) to 1.24 and raise DRAM voltage to + .1, then manually set base timings to 12-12-12-32 and CR to 2T (2n if using the N designator) and give that a try........if no joy if you can post your BIOS settings it would help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the advice i will attempt this when i get home in a few hours. One thing though...this is my memory kit http://gskill.com/products.php?index=460

The timing on it are 10-12-12-31-2n do you reccomend trying that or the timing u stated? I suppose i can try both lol this has already eaten up 20+ hours of me doing terribly uneducated guesses.

Thanks for the help so far!

Comment

My fault, I didn't see the actual set you have but based on the timings in the one pic and you saying you wanted to OC the DRAM I was guessing the set was F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZ, the 2133 set. Yours is native 2400, with the new info you shouldn't have to adjust the timings - they should come up 10-12-12-31 if they don't under XMP, then manually set to that (and let your Asus know that the BIOS isn't loading XMP correctly), CR still at 2T and make sure the DRAM voltage is 1.65, might even want to initially go 1.7 if XMP doesn't load the correct setting, and in this case also if no joy let us know what XMP loaded for the advance timings of DRAM........if the BIOS doesn't load the base timings correct, then we are going to have problems with the advanced

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok the timings come up correctly but im still having crash problems.

Cpu Vcore: 1.30
          VTT CPU : 1.25
          2nd VTTCPU: Auto (Around 1.05
          CPU VCCSA 1.25 (Seems to be around 1.38 when left on auto..should I go higher than 1.25?)
          DRAM Voltage(CHA, CHB): 1.65
          DRAM Voltage(CHC, CHD): 1.65

This caused a lockup....hmm now what?

Comment

Got these from a builder I network with, In the UEFI, how about the power savings options, are they disabled? like Xtreme tweaking, EPU power savings, Extreme OV? And the Elpida Hyper selection - prob want the PSC RAW MHz profile....and can try VTT CPU up to 1.45 to maybe 1.5, VCCSA 1.280, PLL 1.8

Tman

Comment

Tried all those settings and still no go....damn.

Appreciate all the help so far.

Ohh and yes all of those are disabled.
              Last edited by Nekrage; 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I'm at a standstill, like you I'm a member not GSkill and I don't have an X79 in my shop (nor do I have a 64GB set laying around) 32 is my max right now, but I'll drop GSkill Tech a note and see if they can jump into this Wed....they've got the resources I don't have. In the meantime it would prob help him if your could post the DRAM info, including the ADvanced timings as well as the CPU info and system voltages.

Tman

Comment

Having a GSkill tech hop in this thread to help would be FANTASTIC! Not sure exactly what you mean by DRAM info but I took these screenshots...if you can think of anything else I should screenshot please just let me know.

Does this forum support spoiler tags?(Sorry about the length of this page with these damn pics lol.)

Complete build.
                  Mobo: Asus Rampage Iv Extreme
                  Memory: 64gb G.Skill http://gskill.com/products.php?index=460
                  GPU: 2 X GTX 680(SLI)
                  CPU: I7-3930k (H100 liquid cooling)
                  PSU: 1500W Silverstone

DEFAULT BIOS SCREENSHOTS

X.M.P SET IN BIOS (This was auto set by selecting X.M.P)

Last edited by Nekrage; 05-01-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Got the note off to him so hopefully some time today, and think I was right, it's not setting the advanced timings correctly, what jumped at me is the tRFC at 174 - do you have XMP enabled and the 2400 profile selected....looks like all is at default with no XMP.....174 is a typical tRFC for say a 16GB set, know with my 32 GB set had to take the tRFC up to 250 or so depending on freq and I'm only running at 2133, some of the others look tight also for 64

Tman

Comment

The last 2 pictures are with X.M.P selected....in the X.M.P picture u can see that the timings are being adjusted by the X.M.P setting in the box on the right. I have not saved the X.M.P setting at that point i have just selected it. If i save it i dont get a post to even see if the timings were correctly set.

Hope that all makes sense....one thing im not sure of... Whats tRFC i do not see that setting i will check once more when i get home.

Thanks again for everything.

Comment

tRFC is one of the advanced timings, it's near the top in your 2nd screen shot

Tman

Comment

Ahhh the REF Cycle Time is what your talking about.. I will attempt to place that around 300ish and see if that will do any good.

Comment

With XMP enabled to try and get the other timings closer

Tman

Comment

Ok will do. I will let you know how it goes. Cant wait for the weekend to spend it all trying to get this stable...then overclocking the cpu to around 4.4...im sure that will be a whole different problem lol.

For now i will stick with getting this memory to run stable as 2400mhz

Comment

Working...
                              X