Shut down on idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut down on idle

hi i have a crosshair V formula motheboard and when i let it idle for a couple hours or so it shuts down. it dosent completely shut down though. when i hit the power button it comes right back on without having to reboot. then it says that my motherboard temperature was around 120 degrees C. I have played games for this amount of time. Is it actually that hot or is it just incorrect? thanks.

It's probably gone to sleep, can adjust the amount of time via Control Panel, Power options. Also may want to use the monitoring utility for temps that came with the mobo, if any did, or download something like CoreTemp to monitor CPU temps

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it seems like it went to sleep but then it gives me a warning saying that the motherboard temp was around 120 degrees.

Comment

That sounds like it's coming from too much voltage if it's getting that hot, is the CPU cooler firmly and correctly attached, what case do you have and what is the fan set up on it. Many use a fan in the front that sucks air in, and at least another one that blows out the back, depending on the case their are numerous other options, but with temps like that I'd look to high voltages and/or the CPU cooler not being right

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X