VIA VT6421A Serial RAID Controller and Falcon isue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA VT6421A Serial RAID Controller and Falcon isue

I have via vt6421a serial raid controller on my laptop and my brand new falcon 128gb ssd just won't work well. It continuously generates errors "during a paging operation" event id 51.
    I guess that my controller is to slow for my ssd because it supports max 150 MB/s transfer rates. Am I right or my ssd is a bad one?

Have encountered this error before that was caused by a bad SATA cable, though too, pert of the problem may be coming from your controller and or mobo being a SATA I which is limited to 150 per sec.
    Would think the firmware in the Falcon should step it down itself, but if you want to troubleshoot more thoroughly, this article might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244780

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah, it's too slow. The new firmware is better then original but still there are errors and sometime blue screens when I stress it. My raid driver also fails sometimes because I guess it can't handle data flow. I just hope that some new firmware would step down better.

Comment

Working...
      X