Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSOD Using F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL With MSI 870A-G54 (FX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD Using F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL With MSI 870A-G54 (FX)

Purchased new AMD FX-6100 processor, MSI 870A-G54 (FX) motherboard, and 8GB of G.Skill memory (F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL) to rebuild my system.

After getting the system setup (running Win7-64bit) I started getting random BSOD that pointed to 'hardware' and 'memory management' causes. Was getting them every once in a while but over the past few days they began happening so frequently that the computer became un-usable.

Downloaded ?Memtest86+? and put it on a bootable USB drive and ran the test and all I got were constant errors. Pulled modules out and swapped them in the Dimm slots and ran the test again and still got the errors.

Is there anything else I need to do/test before requesting an RMA?

First check that you have the latest BIOS, then check that the base timings are correct in the BIOS, as well as DRAM voltage and CR (Command Rate/Command Timing ) is at 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the lasted Bios, and checked DRAM voltage (1.5) and CR settings and all looked good. Running stock system (no over-clocking). Bios recognized the memory and the all of the settings were set correctly.

Comment

Might try raising the CPU/NB voltage, say .04

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If the memory is that picky that it can't be ‘plug-n-play’, I may have to look at different options. I contacted Newegg, where I purchased the memory and have received and RMA number from them to replace the bad modules.

If I have problems with the replacement modules, I’ll look at replacing the module with brands I’ve always had success with in the past.
          Last edited by Freway01; 03-20-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

May have gotten a bad stick, did just one or did both sticks show errors? or did you run both at the same time, which of itself can cause errors? Might also check with MSI to see what settings they used in testing for the QVL, with AMD systems adjusting the voltages is more the norm than the oddity

Tman

Comment

Ran memory test with both sticks in (bought them as a pair). Did reverse them in the Dimm slotts abd got the same error. Shipping them back to Newegg later today.

Comment

Memtest works best by the single stick, with multiple sticks you can get errors. Might also try then in the other slots, 1-3 is not always the primary slots, even with the same mobo model at times it's 1-3 others it's 2-4....just a couple things to check if you want, would hate to see the time of an RMA and get same results

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it this afternoon before I ship the modules back. If one does fail, they both go back.

Comment

Definitely, you'll want the whole set replaced, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X