Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between the two RAMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between the two RAMs?

Hi, I have a ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard/ Intel i5 2500k and I am about to purchase RAM. I was wondering what is the difference between the 2 RAMs

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL

Both seem to be identical, but the heatsink looks different only? Thanks in advance!

Both are of the Ripjaws genre, the X model denotes the newer line that was designed around the P67/Z68 (your mobo) and H67 chipsets and (then) New gen CPUs, so your best compatibility will be w/ the X line (the programming of the SPD being geared more to your chipset) - either will work fine either under XMP or manual, but performance may be slightly better with the X's

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Think the Xs also use different memory chips

Comment

thanks for the feedback. greatly appreciated!

Comment

No problem, let us know what you decide and how you like 'em when they get in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

a question related to the topic, suppose i have a set of 4GBRL sticks installed, would there be anything wrong if i were to mix them with a set of 4GBXL for a total of 8gigs in my system ? can't seem to find any 4GBRL's anymore near my area

Comment

You can give them a try, won't hurt anything....any time yu mix sets, it can be problematic, best bet would be to disable XMP, then with BIOS on AUTO, set freq, ensure timings show correctly and if any problem raise the DRAM and/or MC voltage + .05. With 1600 sticks will prob be fine. Generally problems come more into play w/ 1866 and up (those too can normally be adjusted to work

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X