Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Channel RAM problem

MOBO: Asus P7P55D Pro (latest bios)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws gaming series 2048MB x 4, 7-7-7-21 1.5v (purchased 2 sticks at a time)

Initially, under CPU-Z, Dual Channel was correctly reading with 2 sticks. After purchasing the exact same kit, it now reads single channel with all 4 sticks.

Question: What can I try to get this correctly running in dual channel mode?

Bonus question:
    I found via google, that in order to get the correct timing, I need to manually set it in bios..sometimes. When I am reading CPU-Z, is the memory tab accurate to what I am running at? Or is the SPD tab?

Figured this one out already.
    Last edited by JPR; 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM. Reason: Answered Bonus question.

Not sure what sticks you have, could be a few things, might check if you XMP turned on, if so turn it off, am guessing you are using 1600 or above, but need a little more info, mainly the actual sets of sticks you are using

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

After a few hours I figured it out. They were not seated properly, apparently.

I got to this point with searching and searching via the web and coming up mostly empty. I found posts suggesting a few different things. One being reseating the CPU. Well, it worked with the 4gb I had in there...so I ruled that out instantly since I did nothing to the CPU. Then I moved over to the sticks. Even though everyone one of them clicked, this Asus P7P55d Pro board does not lock them in on the bottom of it...hence my problem. I checked the sticks due to looking at the properties under "my computer", where it read 8gb total 4gb available to use. I found it really weird how it can read the 8gb by itself, even though some weren't seated properly.

Anyways, in the midst of all of this...I did change the DRAM timings in the bios to match the XMP settings shown in CPU-Z.

Now, I am wondering if now I have them set is accurate...if anyone can advise.

MB: Asus P7P55D Pro (latest bios)
      CPU: I5 750
      Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws gaming series 2048MB x 4, 7-7-7-21 1.5v
      F3-10666CL7D-4GRH ( I have two kits)

CPU-Z XMP settings say 7-7-7-23-31-2T
      My bios is now: Selected XMP, then manually changed it to 7-7-7-23-48-1T

Thanks.

I had no settings as low as the 31 and the 1T was auto-selected due to changing that number down so low.

Comment

And here I've been waiting for the set you had? Just kidding...actually like I mentioned, I was guessing 1600 or better and they tend to have a problem with two sets and if you try to run with XMP, as to your timings. they are fine, 1T is better performance than 2T, the 23 vs 21 is no big deal and may in fact helped get to 1T which is better. You can always try the tighter 21, if it will run stable, all the better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          And here I've been waiting for the set you had? Just kidding...actually like I mentioned, I was guessing 1600 or better and they tend to have a problem with two sets and if you try to run with XMP, as to your timings. they are fine, 1T is better performance than 2T, the 23 vs 21 is no big deal and may in fact helped get to 1T which is better. You can always try the tighter 21, if it will run stable, all the better
          Thanks. I'll let it ride for a few days. It there are issues, I'll back it down to 2T.

BTW: they are 1333, I'm poor.

Comment

We'll be around if any problems, just give a holler...good troubleshooting!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X