Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rma questions

Greetings,
    I purchased some RipJaws X Ram 2-4GB Sticks from new egg . For A New Computer build using a Asus Board. The Ram is : F3-12800cl9d-8gbxl.
    We were having major Crashes and "Recovering from serious error" Messages.
    We tested the Ram with the Windows MEM Test and the Ram failed. We Tried them one at a time, and both failed.
    I then installed some Crucial Economy Ram I had from my other Computer and the MEM Tests were Fine and passed.
    Where do I send these two for replacement?
    Thanks!
    Rich

Ok, sounds like Ohio, will want to contact RMA@GSKILLUSA.COM can find info about RMAs here, basically you email them, they'll issue a RMA number then just send 'em in per instruction, turn around is pretty fast, generally you have replacements within a week of them getting the damaged merchandise

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you email sent to them should i sent there or have new egg warranty it what would be faster

Comment

Since they are defective, I'd go through Newegg, if within the time frame for returns, contact them through email and let them know the sticks are defective and tell them you don't think you should have to pay return or any additional shipping, they should send you a postage paid mailing label. Also if you wouldn't mind putting up your credit card, request an expedited exchange, they will use your credit card number to ensure you return the damaged sticks, but will go ahead and send replacement ASAP, won't charge your card for anything as long as they get the bad ones in time, so don't tally around, when you get the label (prob UPS) send the old stuff back and send them the tracking #

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok sounds great thank you for your help

Comment

one more thing if i choose to go from the two 4 gig sticks to four for gig sticks do i need to order these together as a set of 4 or can i order the 2 sticks now and add other 2 when my defective gets replaced

Comment

A single 4 stick set would definitely be best as they are all tested to work together, but generally you can mix two of the same sets with minor voltage changes, especially if it's an Intel build, AMD can be more problematic.

Tman

Comment

thank you for your help
                comments on support was added thanks again

Comment

Thanks, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

will do thankyou

Comment

No problem

Tman

Comment

ok sent the ram back to newegg today i want to go with 16gb of ram now what would u recommend
                        i have an asus mother board p8z68-vpro/gen3 with smart technology i5 2500k cpu windows 7 i need to order new soon they are giving me store credit
                        Last edited by ri12678; 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Not sure of your budget. Model wise for your combo I'd go w/ the Snipers (1..5) or Ripjaws X model lines for best compatibility and performance ratios...You had 1600 and that's the lowest I'd go, If the budgets there jump to an 1866 or 2133 set

Tman

Comment

what do u think about the ares 1866 4 x 4 = 16gig

Comment

Should be fine, they were designed for the 1155/1156 so should be good to go, my suggestions were based on what I've had the best experiences with, haven't had a chance to play with the Ares yet, I'm not GSkill so either I have to buy or have a client that wants to use them before I can play with them - unless GSkill wants to send me a few sets (hint, hint GSkill), seriously though from what I've read I'd say they are right there with the Ripjaws X, think maybe different mem chips, so might be a bit snappier...or not....

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X