Search function not working in forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function not working in forum

I have tried the search function & can only reach it from the search tab at the top of the page. "Search this forum" button doesn't work.

I searched for "P5Q SE" in the DDR2 Forum & it turned up with no results, but I have found 2 threads - so far - containing "P5Q SE".

Am I doing something wrong - or is it failing?
    Intel QX9650 @ 3.50Ghz, Asus P5Q SE Plus (BIOS 2204), GeForce 9600GT, 16Gb of 4Gx4|GSKILL F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ, Win7 Pro 64 bit, Antec Basiq 500W PS, 4 - Western Digital Caviar Black HDs, 1 - Crucial M4 128Gb SSD

Not sure why the tab on the individual forums aren't working, but if you go from the top of the main page try

Search

then in the keywords tab try with P5Q SE ASUS
    then highlight the DDR2 in the lower right column
    and then SEARCH NOW at the bottom
    should get a few pages worth

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks! The search terms you suggested work fine. I don't know why it doesn't find "P5Q SE", which is part of your suggested term.

EDIT - The search engine is only picking up "Asus" when I get the results. It ignores the "P5Q SE" totally, because I get the same 420 pages whether I search for "Asus" or "P5Q SE Asus".
      Last edited by TBoyd; 02-11-2012, 10:07 PM.
      Intel QX9650 @ 3.50Ghz, Asus P5Q SE Plus (BIOS 2204), GeForce 9600GT, 16Gb of 4Gx4|GSKILL F2-6400CL5Q-16GBPQ, Win7 Pro 64 bit, Antec Basiq 500W PS, 4 - Western Digital Caviar Black HDs, 1 - Crucial M4 128Gb SSD

Comment

Will check w/ GSkill come Monday, possible the indexes are corrupt and need to be rerun....just not sure

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The search engine is not very good for short terms such as P5Q. :/

Tradesman has the best suggestion.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks. It would greatly refine searches if short terms were processed. Instead of getting 420 pages using the search terms I mentioned before, it would probably be narrowed to 15-20 pages or less! I guess it is what it is.

Comment

From what I could dig up, vBulletin, the forum software offers either FULLTEXT SEARCH, which is what is used here or their default search, which is more limited

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X