Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM showed Abnormal

Hi there,
    I have recentrly bought ASUS p9X79 DELUXE and 4 x 4gb DIMM (g.skill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH) 2133 Mhz.

Ram are in the updated QVL and I have flashed to latest bios version.
    My issue is that are recognized only 8GB RAM and in BIOS settings I found that two dimms are in "abnormal" state.
    I have checked manual and I can confirm RAM are mounted as suggested.
    XMP Profile enable, all bios settings are in auto.

I have tryed a lot of combination on BIOS gui:
    XMP profile #1 enable
    XMP profile #2 enable
    VCCSA 1.15v
    VCCSA 1.2v
    DRAM voltage 1.65v

I get in some shot the correct bus bandwidth, 2133 MHZ, but always only 8GB ram. The modules installed on slot DIMM_D1 and DIMM_C1 are always showed as abnormal.

Operating System recognize only 8GB too, even if I run CPU-z tool (latest version) and it shows I have a total of 16GB..

Can anyone help me plz?

Thanks

Check that all sticks are fully seated, check msconfig to ensure Win is limiting DRAM

Click on start, type in MSCONFIG, enter, click on boot tab, click on advanced options, make sure MAXIMUM MEMORY is unchecked.

Can also run about 5 passes of Memtest on each stick in slot 1 to make sure no bad sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for you reply.
      Os is configured fine (no limitation under msconfig), but the real problem is that the bios find only 2 dimms of 4, showing the last two as "abnormal".

This situation is get always, in case I disconnect my operating system hard disk from motherboard or not, so I think maybe indipendet by operating system.

Ram are connected fine and memtest does not recognize anything of strange.

Any other suggestion?

Comment

What version of Win are you running, if it's Win 7 Home Basic you'll be limited to 8GB total

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I know it.

But, as I written, my problem is that the total amount of 8 gb is recognized at BIOS level.

However os installed is win7 x64 ultimate.

Any other suggestion plz?

Comment

Ensure you have the latest BIOS, 0906, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...LUXE/#download

Saw this same thing on a couple these mobos in the reviews at NewEgg, looks like they RMAed the mobos
            Last edited by Tradesman; 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM.

Tman

Comment

Yes, I have last BIOS version..

Comment

Here's a good link for checking on missing DRAM

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X